A husband and wife posed for smiling selfies in their flat after a fire outbreak. Zhong and his wife had to flee for their lives when their home caught fire. The couple managed to douse the flames using fire extinguishers given to them by neighbours in Guilin, in China’s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
According to reports, all of their belongings were severely burnt but this didn’t put the couple off snapping a few selfies, surrounded by their ruined furniture and with soke-blackened faces.
Zhong also recorded a video in the smoke-damaged flat in which he admitted that he had been scared – before bursting into manic laughter.
The couple also posed for photographs with the fire extinguishers and took the opportunity to wish everybody a Happy New Year.
They say the fire started after they turned on a heater to dry some clothes which they believe overheated and burst into flames.
The flames quickly spread, damaging the couple’s living room, kitchen, and toilet.